Department of Finance
The Department of Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective financial administration of the FDDM finances within the prescribe of the Municipal Finance Management Act, Supply Chain Management Regulations, and various other legislation and regulations as promulgated from time to time.
The Core functions of the Finance Department can be divided as follows.
- Supply Chain Management
- Acquisition of goods and Services
- Disposal of goods no longer needed
- Financial Accounting
- Budget preparation and Monitoring
- Cash and Cash Management
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements in line prescribed standards
- Expenditure Management
- Managing of Council Assets
- Financial Policy development
- Financial Administration
- Financial Reporting to the Management and Council of the FDDM and different National and Provincial Departments
- Compliance Monitoring of the FDDM as an institution in all the functions performed by the FDDM
- Managing of the FDDM Vehicle fleet
- Informational TechnologyThe IT Unit is responsible for network infrastructure (LAN/WAN, Radio and wireless), hardware, software/application and web development within the municipality. The unit itself as a whole plays a vital role in ensuring the municipality remains productive and efficient at all times. This can include performing essential duties like:
- ICT GovernanceDefine ICT procedures, standards and policies in the municipality. This include municipal and ICT Project Management, Application and Infrastructure Management, Risk Management and Strategic Policy
- Technical SupportProvides a support function to all the other departments in order to help the Municipality meet its strategic objectives.
- Company WebsiteEnsure that municipality have website and it is constantly maintained.
- ICT InfrastructureEnsure that municipal systems are available all the time
- Ensure employees is paid correctly and on time
- Comply with legislation relating to Payroll
- Payroll policy development